Monday, March 23, 2009



Ok so I am totally hooked on coupons now...I can't believe how much I can save just by getting the paper and clipping coupons. I always thought "what a waste of time" or I really won't save enough for it to be worth my time. Well I was obviously naive! The pictures above will demonstrate the amount you can save, and how quickly you can build food storage.
8 boxes of frosted flakes
2 boxes of frosted mini wheats
4 -5 packs of fiber one bars
5 -3 packs of irish spring soap
5 packages of angel hair pasta
10- 8 packs of rice crispie treats
5 colgate expressions toothpaste
4 packs of wrigleys gum
5 -4 packs of dannon yogurt smoothies
4 aerosol cans of lysol disinfectant spray
2 tubes of neosporin
4 -45 count dixie plates
1 -25 count dixie bowls
5 bags of quaker rice cake snacks
RETAIL TOTAL = $210
AMOUNT SPENT = $76.71
AMOUNT SAVED = $133.29 WOW!!!

The next shopping spree was smaller but still amazing!
5 boxes of 26 count electrasol dishwasher tabs
2 -75 oz. bottles of electrasol dishwasher liquid
3 tubes of neopsporin
3 -35 count lysol disinfecting wipes
2 aerosol cans of glade air freshener (free by the way)
2 -2 packs of hot hot pockets
1 red baron pizza
RETAIL TOTAL = $87
AMOUNT SPENT = $11.50
AMOUNT SAVED = $75...WOW!!!
Maybe you think I'm crazy but this actually works and all you have to do is buy the Sunday newspaper and clip the coupons. Its worth a try for anyone, especially during the economy crisis!

4 comments:

Tara said...

AWESOME!! Great job!! How many papers are you clipping? Are you just doing one? This is seriously amazing! Keep it up! (And share any secrets, I am trying to do it but it is hard on my own!)

Hawkes Family said...

5 papers, but you only clip as you need. I use grocerysmarts.com they tell you everything that is on sale and which coupon to use plus it tells you how good of a deal it is. I love it!

Team Hodges said...

Hey! I had so much fun this wkend. Thank you for coming and staying with us. I posted the recipe on my blog for the bread. Adios!

GrNana and GrGramps said...

They work great especially for a large family. You can get coupons on the internet also. Love you guys.