Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to Brandie...


The best birthday this side of the Missisipi!
I woke up to yummy french toast and a huge homemade birthday card with a page from each member of our family, then I opened a full sized volleyball set complete with a ball. Jason did all the girls hair, including mine...he did rather well. My dad came in the afternoon and surprised me with the best kitchen gadget ever, a stand mixer, YEAH!!!! Then Jason barbecued the best chicken ever at my Moms house and made me a homemade cake decorated with purple flowers and butterflies.We played volleyball, of course, for hours. It was a very special day one that I wish could have shared with everyone. I will remember it for a long time! I do have to say that I missed the annual tradition of girls night out in August. Love to my "girls"

2 comments:

Hight Family said...

And your girls miss you too. So glad you had an amazing birthday! Wish I could have been there to share it with ya! I think I might be planning a trip up north soon, so I will for sure call you and we can hang out.

Happy Birthday!!!

Team Hodges said...

O.K. I'm back with Andrew attached. Happy Birthday to you too. It sounds like you had a great one. I had one of my favorites too. I got to go to the temple, look through my cedar chest of old memories, went to dinner and had tons of dessert.I miss you, but life is good.